Re: natural frequency of an antenna mounted on a 5 foot pole

Here is a starting point

The frequency of the periodic exciting force caused by the flow (Vortex shedding  - von Karman Vortices) can be found by solving the following equation

n*d/V = C

where n is the exciting frequency in cycle per second
          d is the dimension of the body normal to the flow
          V is the Velocity
           C = 0.207 (dimensionless) for cycular cyclinders
           C = 0.18 (dimensionless) for rectangular plates

Reference : Den Hartog, "Mechanical Vibration," copyright 1940 page 343

Richard M. Beldyk, PE, CPEng, NSPE, MIEAust, CWEng, CPE

Professional Engineer - Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma,  Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
Chartered Professional Engineer - MIEAust, NPER
Registered Member - International Registry of Professional Engineers (USCIEP)
AWS Certified Welding Engineer
AFE Certified Plant Engineer