RE: Curing of Concrete Slabs

Paul,

The latested edition of ACI 308 is ACI 308R-01 (Guide to Curing Concrete).
ACI 308.1-98 (Standard Specificaiton for Curing Concrete) is still the
most recent edition of the standard specification for curing concrete.
As Gail pointed out, this second document is a standard and is designed to
be referenced in your specifications.  The first document is a guide
document of recommendations that you should read through and then decide
which things you might or might not want to add into your project.

As Gail pointed out, there is also ACI 301, but for what you are looking
for, the ACI committee 308 documents are probably what you want.

In addition, the cold weather concreting documents (ACI 306R-88 and ACI
306.1-90) and the hot weather concreting document (ACI 305R-99) will have
sections on curing for those type of applications.  Some, if not all, of
this information will be repeated in ACI 308R-01, so it is still your best
bet.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI