Grade 40 #8 rebar

Mark,

ASTM A615-79 has Grade 40 reinforcing for #3-#11, with footnote to Table 2
reading, "Grade 40 bars are furnished only in sizes 3 through 11.  Sizes 7
through 11 may not be readily available; manufacturers should be consulted to
verify availability."

ASTM A615-81a shows Grade 40 reinforcing for only #3-#6.  The footnote to
Table 2 reads, "Grade 40 bars are furnished only in sizes 3 through 6."

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Mark Geoghegan wrote:

. > ASTM A615 states that Grade 40 rebar is only available in #3 to #6.

. > I have a contractor (in a remote island in the Pacific, US specifications,
. > but possibly foreign supply) who is insisting that the #8 rebar for their
. > new project is Grade 40. Anyone ever heard of #8 Grade 40 rebar?

. > TIA

. > Mark Geoghegan
. > Honolulu, HI