Concrete Sounding

I am in the process of trying to accept/reject some deficient concrete. The
contractor would like to use sounding and drilling some random 1/" diameter
check holes. I have rejected this method and require a testing method such
as UPV. Any thoughts?

Mitchell J. Sklar, P.E., MBA
Senior Structural Engineer
mitchsklar(--nospam--at)psualum.com