Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
sloped roof diaphragms[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: sloped roof diaphragms
- From: "Rand Holtham, Sigma Engineers" <rand(--nospam--at)sigmaengineers.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:42:28 -0600
Interesting discussion. So how does a "slit" at the ridge of a diaphragm
differ from unblocked sheathing edges on the same roof?
Tom, The big difference that I see is that the framing is continuous under unblocked edges typically, so it can act as a shear splice where at hips and ridges you don't have continuous members underneath you have skimped tonailed butt joints.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Sloped Roof Diaphragm Discussion/ APA wish list
- Next by Subject: Fw: sloped roof diaphragms
- Previous by thread: X-Bracing
- Next by thread: Fw: sloped roof diaphragms