From: Jan Harris [mailto:jan(--nospam--at)libertyeng.net]
Sent
:
Monday, February 10, 2003 5:01 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: SE Fees for Building

Something between 0.75% and 2% of the building construction cost is typical.  Low end for repetitive easy jobs, 2% or more for harder, unique type work: (rehab and repairs).  I think for straightforward building projects the architect gets a bargain if your structural fee is 1% of less of the construction cost.

Jan Harris

Liberty Engineering

Virginia Beach, VA