Re: SE Fees for Building

Here in Wyoming you are lucky if you get 1% of the building cost.  The architects usually get about 10% but they pay the structural, mechanical, etc.

Abe Knapp, P.E.
Wyoming

>>> hari_pe(--nospam--at)hotmail.com 02/10/03 03:20PM >>>
Hello:

There are some rule of thumbs for estimating the fees for structural engineering of buildings.  I am interested in how other engineers bid on projects especially new construction.  I understand the Architects generally charge about 10% for the architecture based on the total cost of construction.

Your input is appreciated.

Hari