Re: X-Bracing/ Simon

Simon,

Yes, my X-Brace are interconnected in the middle. Do you have any literature that supports using effective length = half the brace length. My brace is 60' long and my load is around 400 kips. It will make a lot of difference if I could justify using half the length.
Thanks a lot!

Rainier C. Catubig
San Diego, California