Electronic Data Interchange&CIS/2

Title: Electronic Data Interchange&CIS/2

I was curious to how the structural engineering community handles the request of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) or CIS/2 files. As we all know, many structural analysis and design programs contain output files in the CIS/2 format which the steel fabricator/detailing can use to reduce the detailing time.

Are other structural engineering firms making these files available?
Are you being compensated for the use of their CIS/2 files?
Do you require a "release" (legal in nature) stating that "can not be held responsible...."?
Any thoughts.
Brian Stanley, P.E.
Baltimore, Md