Re: Overhead anchors

William,

You may want to look into the undercut anchors that Fischer (carried by
Dur-o-wal)  and Hilti make.  By use of a wobble drill bit the bottom of the
drilled hole has a larger diameter than the top (or visa versa in overhead
apps).  These should  have better performance long-term.

Dave Woodham
Atkinson-Noland & Assoc.

William wrote:
> Engineers in our office have expressed concerns with using expansion
anchors
> in overhead applications, such as hanger supports, due to the potential of
> long-term slippage under constant tension.
snip