Re: seaint Digest for 11 Feb 2003

Jonathan Whithead @ Whitehead dot com

The art of built up members of A-7 steel. Your idea that they are used inside between the top and bottom angles is correct. Concern regarding l/r ratios of plates in compression and rivet stitching made use of "filler" plates so that the rivet length variations could be minimized. My last riveted bridge job was for the Washington-DOT across the Columbia and Astoria, Oregon. Each was an adventure in living and surviving.

We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same.
- Carlos Castaneda

Felizidad, paz, salud, tesoros, amor y tiempo a gozarlos.
Bob Ross Irvine CA USA
949-222-3978

Do you Yahoo!?