From: David Sharp [mailto:Ausgang(--nospam--at)e46fanatics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 11:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Historic Texts on Structure

I was wondering about what interesting engineering-related volumes different
list members may have collected over the years.

Most of my 'historic' volumes are (naturally) bolting related.  I did pick
up an interesting 2-volume set at a yard sale some years ago.  It is
entitled "Roofs & Bridges" by Merriman & Jacoby, (c) 1894, 1902.  Part 1 is
Stresses, and Part 2 is Bridge Design.  Fortunately, both have lots of good
illustrations.

AISC has quite a historic library as well.  How about the rest of you?

David Sharp
TurnaSure LLC
NYC