Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Historic Texts on Structure[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Historic Texts on Structure
- From: "Caldwell, Stan" <scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:22:26 -0600
Title: RE: Historic Texts on Structure
Unfortunately, all of my good historic textbooks were brand new when I bought them as a college student ... way back in the era when slide rules ruled! :-(
David Sharp wrote:
I was wondering about what interesting engineering-related volumes different
list members may have collected over the years.
Most of my 'historic' volumes are (naturally) bolting related. I did pick
up an interesting 2-volume set at a yard sale some years ago. It is
entitled "Roofs & Bridges" by Merriman & Jacoby, (c) 1894, 1902. Part 1 is
Stresses, and Part 2 is Bridge Design. Fortunately, both have lots of good
AISC has quite a historic library as well. How about the rest of you?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Historic Texts on Structure
- Next by Subject: Re: Historic Texts on Structure
- Previous by thread: RE: Historic Texts on Structure
- Next by thread: Re: Historic Texts on Structure