Re: Historic Texts on Structure

There are a lot of texts from the late 1800's and early 1900's that are very
interesting.  What I like about them is that they are written in very clear
language, plainly written by people who were in the process of discovering
new knowledge.

Two of my favorites, in addition to the ones already mentioned:

    "Concrete  - Plain and Reinforced", Wiley, early editions by Taylor and
Thompson and a 1925 4th edition by Taylor, Thompson and Smulski, which has
Smulski's method of circular reinforcing for elevated slab construction.

    "Steel Construction", Tucker, 1908

Alan Fisher, PE
Cianbro Corporation
Portland, Maine