Historic engineering books

Milo Ketchum books are still much in demand. See the "Notify Me" list at powells.com. Four devotees are waiting for his "Walls, Bins & Grain Elevators" to come in. Surprisingly, they only fetch about $15. And yes, yesterday's writers had a gift for simplicity in a much less complex world and are a pleasure to browse now. My first code (this will date me) was the '49 UBC. It's "earthquake regulations" consisted of one page in the appendix. For one-story buildings:  F = 0.133W. Enough nostalgia...

Hugh Brooks