Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Historic engineering books[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Historic engineering books
- From: HBAP(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:14:01 EST
Milo Ketchum books are still much in demand. See the "Notify Me" list at powells.com. Four devotees are waiting for his "Walls, Bins & Grain Elevators" to come in. Surprisingly, they only fetch about $15. And yes, yesterday's writers had a gift for simplicity in a much less complex world and are a pleasure to browse now. My first code (this will date me) was the '49 UBC. It's "earthquake regulations" consisted of one page in the appendix. For one-story buildings: F = 0.133W. Enough nostalgia...
- Prev by Subject: Historic engineering books
- Next by Subject: Historic Structure Retrofit in CA
- Previous by thread: Historic engineering books
- Next by thread: Site soil report response spectra and API 650 Appendix E