From: Robert M. Hanson [mailto:Bob(--nospam--at)KappaEngineers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 11:35 AM
To: seaint list
Subject: Site soil report response spectra and API 650 Appendix E

List,

Inspecting a tank that is a flat bottom, grade supported, at 117 ft dia and 42 ft tall, floating roof, contents SG at .9.

I would like to find out if there is some information on how to simply apply a soil reports response spectra for a site to Appendix E of API 650 (10 th edition) without having to do full dynamic model for the tank and its contents. If any one does the full model what software is currently used for the hydrodynamic forces and such.

Thanks,

Bob

Robert M. Hanson, SE

Kappa Engineers