Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEOC Engineering Forum \(E-mail\)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Concrete Connections
- From: "Bill Marczewski" <bmarczewski(--nospam--at)pndast.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:48:42 -0800
Title: Concrete Connections
I'm designing a concrete swimming pool that must be treated as an elevated slab supported on piles, with the walls behaving as deep flexural members. Can anyone point me to a reference that discusses connection fixity or pinned conditions? I have to put rebar at the top and bottom of the walls to tie slabs together. How do I know whether this is fixed or pinned? Can't this end condition be controlled by the designer and how? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Bill S. Marczewski
Peratrovich, Nottingham & Drage, Inc.
503-325-1250 Main; 503-325-9789 Fax
- Prev by Subject: RE: Concrete Building Design
- Next by Subject: RE: Concrete Connections
- Previous by thread: RE: seaint Digest for 12 Feb 2003
- Next by thread: RE: Concrete Connections