Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
MASONRY WALLS[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: MASONRY WALLS
- From: "Rand Holtham, Sigma Engineers" <rand(--nospam--at)sigmaengineers.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:34:22 -0600
Are you using some other means to resist lateral loads besides the masonry? Have calculated the eccentricity of the brick load on the cmu? Large H/r ratio walls will be very sensitive to eccentric loading. What size column can span 55' with no lateral support? You need a radius of gyration of 3.3" to be under the kL/200 limit assuming the builing is restrainrd agaist lateral drift.
- Prev by Subject: Re: masonry shear walls
- Next by Subject: masonry walls 2
- Previous by thread: RE: Beam Bearing on Column
- Next by thread: concrete placement near construction