Re: SE Fees for Building

Vijay,

        A reasonable fee distribution for multi family residential and
commercial projects might be something like the following.

        Architectural
            Project management . . . 30%
            Pure architectural . . . . . 30%
                                                ---------------
            Total architectural  . . . . . . . . . 60%
         Structural  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20%
         Mechanical . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10%
         Electrical  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10%
                                                         =====

        This can vary quite a bit depending on who does what work.  For
instance: who does the site work and grade level parking? The architect? The
civil engineer?

        Hope this helps.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson