Re: concrete placement near construction

Drew,

Placing concrete near most construction operations should not be a
problem.  I can see some problems, however, with placing concrete near
pile driving operations.  You could potentially over-consolidate the
concrete due to the vibrations from the pile driving operations if they
are too close.  I don't know of any guidelines that definitely address
this issue, but you might take a look at ACI 309R-96 (Guide to
Consolidation of Concrete) or ACI 309.1R-93 [reapproved 1998) (Behavior of
Fresh Concrete During Vibration).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI