From: Bill Marczewski [mailto:bmarczewski(--nospam--at)pndast.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 8:49 AM
To: SEOC Engineering Forum (E-mail)
Subject: Concrete Connections

I'm designing a concrete swimming pool that must be treated as an elevated slab supported on piles, with the walls behaving as deep flexural members.  Can anyone point me to a reference that discusses connection fixity or pinned conditions?  I have to put rebar at the top and bottom of the walls to tie slabs together.  How do I know whether this is fixed or pinned?  Can't this end condition be controlled by the designer and how?  Thanks in advance for any responses.

Bill S. Marczewski
Peratrovich, Nottingham & Drage, Inc.
503-325-1250 Main; 503-325-9789 Fax
www.pnd-anc.com/; bmarczewski(--nospam--at)pndast.com