Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Concrete Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Concrete Connections
- From: Michael Bryson <MBryson(--nospam--at)mhpse.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:41:12 -0800
Title: Concrete Connections
From: Bill Marczewski [mailto:bmarczewski(--nospam--at)pndast.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 8:49 AM
To: SEOC Engineering Forum (E-mail)
Subject: Concrete Connections
I'm designing a concrete swimming pool that must be treated as an elevated slab supported on piles, with the walls behaving as deep flexural members. Can anyone point me to a reference that discusses connection fixity or pinned conditions? I have to put rebar at the top and bottom of the walls to tie slabs together. How do I know whether this is fixed or pinned? Can't this end condition be controlled by the designer and how? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Bill S. Marczewski
Peratrovich, Nottingham & Drage, Inc.
503-325-1250 Main; 503-325-9789 Fax
- Prev by Subject: Concrete Connections
- Next by Subject: Concrete Diaphragm
- Previous by thread: Concrete Connections
- Next by thread: RE: Structural steel end-plate moment connection question