Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Crack Control for Swimming Pool[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Crack Control for Swimming Pool
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:52:21 EST
In a message dated 2/18/2003 2:54:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, bmarczewski(--nospam--at)pndast.com writes:
We need a z-value of 43 corresponding to crack width,w = 0.004 inch
What code are you designing to? The 1999 ACI 318 did away with the z factor, replacing it with Eqn 10-4 which directly specifies the spacing.
s = 540/fs - 2.5 Cc (Eqn. 10-4)
Even if you are not designing to 318-99 or 02, you could look at what this equation would do for you.
Gail S. Kelley, P.E.
Unenlightened, uniformed, naive (Is that a Frank Sinatra song)?
- Prev by Subject: Correcting out of level wood frame structures (was: a frame shoring)
- Next by Subject: Crack control for swimming pool.
- Previous by thread: RE: Crack control for swimming pool.
- Next by thread: Hydronic Heating in Topping Slab