Hydronic Heating in Topping Slab

I understand from the manufacturer of the hydronic heating that the rebar usually goes below the hydronic piping. This, of course makes it easier for them to install the piping because they have a nice mat to fasten it to. I would think that we would want the rebar above the piping to control shrinkage and temperature stresses at the top surface of the slab.

Anyone have any experience with this type of installation?

Jim K.