Re: Pedestrian Bridge

Randy,

When you say "bridge principles" what is it that you are picturing?

>From my one experience (many years ago) with a similar type project, the
overall engineering criteria used was still building criteria.  That is
AASHTO.  Overall, you will definitely be faced with some additional
requirements due to laws and regulations that deal with bridges that cross
public roadways.  Many of those things may not necessarily affect you, but
rather the architectural or general civil engineering (i.e. site plan
changes) aspects of the project.  There are things like crash
protection/buffers that need to be considered at the column locations and
height restrictions/requirements.

The end result is that I believe that you would be able to design using
the local building code, but will have additional overall requirements due
to bridge/highway regulations that might come from sourses such as the
AASHTO code.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI