Re: Hydronic Heating in Topping Slab

I have typically specified two layers of reinforcing. A nominal mesh below
the tubing to hold it in place as requested by the installer/manufacturer
and the normal allotment for crack control. Be aware of issues arising with
regard to claims of delayed slab heating if the tubing is not hear the
surface, where, in my opinion, it should not be. Provided there is
insulation below the slab this is not a real issue.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
Pennington, NJ
http://expertpages.com/jccpc