HSS and FEMA 350

It is currently my understanding that there are no provisions in FEMA that allow for pre-qualified connections of HSS sections.  I believe I had seen some discussions on this previously, was unable to locate them.  If anyone is aware of any criteria or provisions for these types of connections please let me know.  For information I would like to connect W section beams to HSS columns.  The frames are rather small, HSS 8x8x5/8 with W8 beams.  It is for a small connector between buildings.  The seismic separation joints have been provided at each end to allow for independent movement of the structures.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.