Re: HSS and FEMA 350

Rob,

Your understanding is correct.  FEMA 350 contains provisions for 9 pre-qualified connections which are all composed (beams and columns) of wide flange members.  Also note that all 9 connections are orientated in the strong direction of the column (i.e. there are no weak axis columns connections).

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Rob Still" <robs(--nospam--at)adcengineering.com>

02/19/2003 09:41 AM
Please respond to seaint