Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: HSS and FEMA 350[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: HSS and FEMA 350
- From: THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:49:50 -0800
Your understanding is correct. FEMA 350 contains provisions for 9 pre-qualified connections which are all composed (beams and columns) of wide flange members. Also note that all 9 connections are orientated in the strong direction of the column (i.e. there are no weak axis columns connections).
Thomas Hunt, S.E.
|"Rob Still" <robs(--nospam--at)adcengineering.com>
02/19/2003 09:41 AM
Subject: HSS and FEMA 350
It is currently my understanding that there are no provisions in FEMA that allow for pre-qualified connections of HSS sections. I believe I had seen some discussions on this previously, was unable to locate them. If anyone is aware of any criteria or provisions for these types of connections please let me know. For information I would like to connect W section beams to HSS columns. The frames are rather small, HSS 8x8x5/8 with W8 beams. It is for a small connector between buildings. The seismic separation joints have been provided at each end to allow for independent movement of the structures. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
- Prev by Subject: HSS and FEMA 350
- Next by Subject: RE: HSS and FEMA 350
- Previous by thread: HSS and FEMA 350
- Next by thread: RE: HSS and FEMA 350