Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
concrete resistant to ferrous sulfate[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: concrete resistant to ferrous sulfate
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:39:19 -0500
I have a client who has a building with several tanks containing ferrous sulfate. The existing concrete floor slabs on grade are badly deteriorated and he wants to replace them to create a containment area. I had a Sika rep. in to see them and he is recommending complete replacement with some sort of topping - the type of which has not yet been determined, but he is suggesting doing some testing to be sure that what they come up with will hold up. My client would like to know if it is possible to use some sort of additive to the concrete rather than a topping. Any of your experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates, Inc.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: Re: concrete placement near construction
- Next by Subject: Re: concrete resistant to ferrous sulfate
- Previous by thread: Back online
- Next by thread: Re: concrete resistant to ferrous sulfate