To: Seaint
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 4:39 AM
Subject: concrete resistant to ferrous sulfate

I have a client who has a building with several tanks containing ferrous sulfate.  The existing concrete floor slabs on grade are badly deteriorated and he wants to replace them to create a containment area.  I had a Sika rep. in to see them and he is recommending complete replacement with some sort of topping - the type of which has not yet been determined, but he is suggesting doing some testing to be sure that what they come up with will hold up.  My client would like to know if it is possible to use some sort of additive to the concrete rather than a topping.  Any of your experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
1584 Weaversville Road