Re: Grouting the base plates

Reza,

Totally forget the dry pack.  It is very labor intensive and rarely done correctly.  To do it right normally takes three workers, one doing the mixing, one holding a rod with end plate, and another pushing the stuff in and rodding against the other guy's end plate.  If you have a lot of base plates to do (such as in a building with many columns) you can form and pour pre-packaged grout in a fraction of the time and come out with a much better installation.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Reza Dashti" <rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>

02/21/2003 10:56 AM
Please respond to seaint