Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Torsional Constant[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Torsional Constant
- From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:12:19 -0600
>I'm using Section F1 of the AISC Manual, 3rd edition, to analyze
>a 3/8" x 8" rectangular plate in bending about its major axis: it is
>subject to lateral torsional buckling. J is defined as the torsional
>constant. Where is the method of determining the value of J stated
>in the manual?
The torsional constant J is calculated for a plate as (bt^3)/3, where b is the depth and t is the thickness.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Torsional Constant
- Next by Subject: Re: Torsional Constant
- Previous by thread: RE: Torsional Constant
- Next by thread: Torsional Constant