RE: Flat Slab Bridge

David,

Prestressed concrete piles have been used in integral abutments even though
steel piles are more common. For the prestressed concrete piles the
displacements limits are stricter.

I never worked on a project with integral abutments, but I was once at a
lecture series where a paper was presented:
"Overview of the FHWA-Sponsored Research Study on Jointless Bridges,
Oesterle, R.G., Tabatabai, H. and Volz, J.S."
I could maybe get you a copy. (It is 34 pages though)

But other question: Why even use piles? Your loads are small and a spread
footing is probably feasible.

Oliver Mueller
Parsons
Chicago, IL