From: jccpc [mailto:jccpc(--nospam--at)msn.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 11:04 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Correcting out of level wood frame structures (was: a frame shoring)

Changing the subject a little, I'm aware of a new home which was built both out of level and out of plumb by over 2 degrees in some locations. Probes suggested no structural distress of any kind. Foundation settlement was also not an issue. A suggestion arose from another consultant to attempt to correct this via jacking and/or pulling of floor beams and long-term creep of the wood frame. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I was more than a little skeptical of this approach but had been assured that it would work. BTW, this is not a current project. Just a question for interest.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
Pennington, NJ
http://expertpages.com/jccpc