RE: wind

It is true that the bases for wind speeds and load factors have changed -
but Micahel's calculations have accounted for those changes. The issue is
whether the final design wind pressure comes out about the same. According
to Michael's calculations, the 1997 UBC design wind pressures are much
higher than IBC for both ASD and LRFD design.

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236