From: Bulent Deveci [mailto:bulentdeveci(--nospam--at)superonline.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 8:26 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Differential temperature effect

List,
Does anyone of you have any experience in designing a reinforced concrete
structure
having differential thermal conditions with SAP2000 software? I'm just
trying to design a complicated RC structure with nearly 300 C differential
temperature and I don't have the chance of insulating it due to the process
of the structure.
I have tried to obtain the bending moments by means of SAP2000 software but
I'm not able to satisfy the results given in some text books such as "theory
of elasticity" by Timoshenko.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Bulent Deveci