Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: a frame shoring

To address the application of a known load, for about $1,000 you can get a hollow plunger Enerpac ram and manual pump.  You will also need a fabricated base to bridge around your "lock-off" nut, and a gauge on the pump that is suitable for the range of pressure needed to produce the desired result.

Mark D. Anderson PE
Anchorage