Re: Correcting out of level wood frame structures

Paul,

The problem with applying another floor finish is that the hardwood floors are inlaid and hand applied using selected species. Costs would be very high to replicate the finish. The worst case I measured is where the floor slope changes from approximately 2 deg to 1.5 deg in the other direction (bowing). Again, this is as constructed. As far as your comments on jacking the structure go, I am in complete agreement that this will cause other problems, including windows and doors (as mentioned in an earlier post).

Thanks for all the discussion!

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
Pennington, NJ