Re: ASD and T's

Old versions of the specification covered WTs with the same equations that
are used in Section F1 of the green book.

                      "Jake Watson"
                      <jwatson@utahisp.        To:       "Structural Engineering Association International" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                      com>                     cc:
                                               Fax to:
                      02/27/2003 01:18         Subject:  ASD and T's
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      seaint

I need some help with ASD.  Still being somewhat a newby, I never learned
ASD.  Another engineer here is trying to find the equation to determine fb
for a WT in bending.  I found the equation in my silver book, but can't
locate it in a green book.  Can someone enlighten me as to where this
equation is in the green ASD book?

Respectfully,

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT