From: Jake Watson [mailto:jwatson(--nospam--at)utahisp.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 9:10 PM
To: jake(--nospam--at)ckengineers.com
Subject: FW: 97 ubc / 00 ibc

-----Original Message-----
From: da [mailto:dadie(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 7:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 97 ubc / 00 ibc

if i interpreted the code correctly, in the 97 ubc, with concrete / masonry
shear walls and a flexible diaphragm there is a provision to increase the
diaphragm forces (something like diaphragm to be design with an R value of
4).  brand new to 00 ibc and couldn't find this - is it still in there
somewhere?  is it "tucked" away somewhere?

on a related note, tried to find computer / internet tools for grabbing S1
and Ss based on lat / long (or zip code).  tried the archives and tried to
follow the old links to usgs but couldn't find it - can anyone assist?

tia