Re: plywood fastener deformation en

NER-272 (rev. 9/1/97), Appendix Tables B (nails) and C (staples) show connector
deflection values for diaphragm (and shear wall) deflection analysis. These
values are based on average deflection, whereas APA values for nails as adopted
in UBC tables were based on max. deflection (to be conservative).  There may be
a later version of NER-272 than the one I have. For screws, you would need to
refer to mfrs. NER or ICBO evaluation report.
John Rose
APA (retired)
Tacoma, WA