Getting Wind Load Criteria

Gentlemen:

Thanks for your responses.  I did not mean to start a thread on fees.  What I really want to know is how you are dealing with the need to address topographic effects that may be as much as a 2 miles radius of the site.

Are you visiting the site and surrounding area yourself and making the call?  Are the civil engineers providing additional site information?

And for what it is worth, those of us who have been using the SBC are feeling the greatest impact.  We lost our wind code and earthquake codes in the "upgrade".  I know the code was supposed to consolidate us but it has only added another code to the list.  I still have clients working with codes from 1991 SBC through 2000 IBC.

The real question is:  How are you addressing the need to obtain topographic information?

Thanks!

Bobby Jenkins, PE
Jenkins Engineering, Inc.
PO Box 2101