Re: Getting Wind Load Criteria

And it should fairly apparent from a general topographic map whether or
not you need to account for topographic effects as outlined in ASCE 7-98
section 6.5.7.1.  You only include the topographic effects if ALL 5 of the
conditions of section 6.5.7.1 are met.  And condition number 1 should
"pop" out on a topographic map...basically condition 1 means that you need
to have an isolated hill that does not have another comparable height hill
within about 2 miles.  This should be fairly apparent I would think on a
topographic map.

Beyond the above, wind load determination is fairly similar to before.
The biggest question becomes which exposure to use, but that was true with
previous codes.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI