Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Weak Axis Bending of Channels[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Weak Axis Bending of Channels
- From: Michael Bryson <MBryson(--nospam--at)mhpse.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:31:35 -0800
Does anyone use 75% of Fy for channels bent about their weak axis as you can for I-shapes and doubly symmetric sections (Section F2)?
Although it strictly appears you can't, it seems that you can get a plastic section modulus (Zy) that is almost 2 times the elastic section modulus (Sy) for channels. Thus it should be reasonable to use 75% of Fy for channels also.
- Prev by Subject: Water and CMU foundations
- Next by Subject: RE: Weak Axis Bending of Channels
- Previous by thread: SE Review workshops in LA and SF areas
- Next by thread: RE: Weak Axis Bending of Channels