RE: Redundancy & Robustness - Do you have pictures?

Charlie,

One recent example about redundancy I know about is the Hoan Bridge in
Milwaukee.
Two of the three steel plate girders cracked in December 2000. The bridge
needed to be closed, but the structure did not collapse.
You find several things on the internet. For example:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/dec00/hoanarc.asp

Oliver Mueller,
Parsons, Chicago IL