Re: Residential Cantilevered Retaining Walls.

Bill:

I usually design a wall of this type for both cantilevered and restrained.  I have no way of knowing how long it will take for construction to change the loading conditions.  I also usually design wall anchorage along the wall line like a typical masonry roof anchorage condition.  Yes the contractor screams and shouts but what else is new.

Joe Venuti

Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs,  CA