RE: Structure Reuse

Hi Chris,

About 12 years ago I designed a parking structure in Melbourne Australia
that was a steel framed, multi level garage, with untopped precast hollow
core floor panels. The land was short term leased from the Catholic Church
in a downtown location and after a few years it was intended to be
dismantled and relocated to another site. The concept was called "PARK-UP"
and I believe it was a division of BHP Steel (essentially the Australian
equivalent of Bethlehem Steel in the USA).

The building was initially constructed (after a few construction challenges
where we were tempted to rename it "F*CK-UP") and went into service but I am
not aware if it was ever dismantled and re-erected on another site.

The Australian AISC (www.steel.org.au) may have more details if you wish to
pursue this. Or I can e-mail some colleagues back in Australia.

Regards,

Mark Geoghegan
Honolulu, HAWAII