CMU Wall Design for Out-of-Plane Loads

I posted the following question last Wednesday or Thursday, but so far no
one has ever responded it.  I think my question must be a challenging one.
I post it here one more time to see if I can be of any luck.

Dear Fellow Engineers:

Under section 2108.2.4.4 of 97UBC, there are seven equations (from 8-19 to
8-25) associated with walls having axial load of 0.04fm' or less.  I am
wondering if this set of formulas can be equally applied to the next
section (i.e. 2108.2.4.5) for walls with axial load between 0.04fm' and
0.2fm' and the slenderness ratio h/t does not exceed 30.  No equations,
other than (8-26), are given in this section.

My axial stress is 135 psi under service load (my fm' = 2500 psi), and h/t =
18.5.  I have talked to some engineers.  Some said that I can use those
equations and some told me that I can not use them.  What do you think?

I appreciate your informative advice.

Kenny Yip, P.E.
Jones Engineers
Bellingham, WA