From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 3:42 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Residential Cantilevered Retaining Walls.

Mark-

It's been my experience that the floor slab is not in place when the wall is being loaded (i.e., the backfilling/compaction operation). Soooo...unless you specify that the slab is to be installed and cured before backfilling, I'm not sure it's a good idea to count on the slab for sliding resistance.

Just my two cents.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)