Aerated concrete block

A local contractor has proposed constructing a new home using 8 inch aerated concrete block. The basement would use standard CMU, and the second floor would be wood framed. Is anyone familiar with this material? Concerns I have include method of installation, corrosion protection and efficiency of reinforcement; contractor lack of familiarity with the material (I am not aware of any buildings constructed near this area using aerated concrete block); durability in harsh freeze/thaw conditions; interfacing with other materials; and, a host of other normal construction details.

Thanks.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
Pennington, NJ