From: Mete Baykir [mailto:MBaykir(--nospam--at)yukselproje.com.tr]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 6:36 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: AASHTO truck loading

Hi list,
For the design of the longitudinal elements of a T-girder bridge, I am trying to figure out the maximum M and V. The point I do not understand is that, if the load is thought to be same on every beam using the proper "S" factor (AASHTO 3.23.2) and impact effects as well, how many trucks should be considered on a single span (isostatic span) ? Just one for each span ? Any comments will be of great help.

thanks

mete